Team manager Human Resources (International / EU) – Stichting AAP / Almere
Uren: 32 uur
Stichting AAP located in Almere has a vacancy for a
Team manager Human Resources (International / EU)
(32 uur per week)
For the Human Resources Department, AAP is looking for a Team Manager with international (EU) HR experience at an operational, tactical and strategic level. Our dream is to put an end to the suffering of exotic animals in Europe. To achieve this, AAP is active in several EU member states and is developing into an international organization. The HR team is also going through this development. To further shape this development AAP is looking for a team manager with international HR experience. Are you a HR professional who wants to help us realize our dream? Would you enjoy being responsible for all aspects of the HR profession within a charitable organization, with 120 paid employees and 200 volunteers? Then this is the job for you!
The HR department is responsible for drawing up and implementing HR policy for the entire organization. They have a facilitating / advisory role towards employees and managers. The team in the Netherlands (Almere) consists of 1 HR advisor, 1 HR and payroll employee, 1 volunteer coordinator, 1 coordinator for the ESC project (European subsidized project for foreign volunteers) and is supported by 3 volunteers. In Spain (Villena), the team consists of 2 paid employees: 1 office manager and 1 volunteer coordinator.
What are you going to do!
- You hierarchically lead the team in Almere and functionally lead the team in Villena, Spain.
- You are responsible for drafting, implementing and evaluating the international HR policy based on our organizations’ goals, taking into account local (national) legislation.
- You function as a sparring partner in the field of HR for the MT on a tactical and strategic level and you advise on complex HR issues (international and national).
- You strive for conformity and the improvement of HR processes and safeguard the policy and procedures for quality and implementation of HR.
- In consultation with your team, you draw up the annual and medium-term plan and you are responsible for their implementation.
- You prepare the AAP wide staff budget and the budget for your department. You evaluate the financial results periodically.
- You are responsible for the contracting of and cooperation with external parties such as AAP’s health and safety service, salary provider, pension advisor and administrator and other external HR service providers.
- You consult with the management and works council on HR matters.
- You are accountable to the directors.
What do we offer?
- An inspiring workplace in the green heart of Almere, within easy reach of Amsterdam and Utrecht and with the possibility to work partly from home.
- Work within ear shot of the animals that AAP rescues.
- A position with social relevance in an international working environment.
- A professional work place that stimulates and supports dedication, accessibility and decisiveness.
- A permanent contract (after 2 twelve month contracts) in the case of mutual satisfaction.
- Your salary will be between €2,473,- and €3,191,- gross per month (based on 32 hours per week) dependent on relevant work experience, with room for growth within the function.
- In addition to the 8% holiday allowance, also a variable year-end bonus of a maximum of 8.33% of your annual gross salary.
- 24 vacation days per year on a full time basis.
- A sustainable pension arrangement.
What do you bring?
- A completed HR-related education of HBO level (EQF 6-7).
- Minimum of 5 years HR experience in a similar position within an international organization.
- Excellent up-to-date knowledge of HR and the relevant laws and regulations relating to this with the ability to translate these into policy.
- Methodical and result-oriented work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Dutch and English.
- Good self-reflection and a healthy dose of humour.
Do you want more information or apply directly?
Enthusiastic, but still some questions? Please call Erik Peeters, Operational Director, telephone 036 523 8787. Upload your CV and motivation letter before 13 January 2022 via our online application form.
A practical assignment may be part of the application process.
Only people with the right to work within Europe will be considered for this application.
Why Stichting AAP?
At AAP (Animal Advocacy and Protection) we give shape to an ideal in a professional manner: to improve the welfare of abused or neglected exotic mammals from all over Europe. We rescue animals in need and advocate for better laws all over Europe. AAP is an internationally renowned expert and our commitment demonstrably makes the difference.
We work in a spacious and modern location, in the middle of greenery near Almere. Our office and facility center are located on the same site as where we take care of the animals; nowhere else can you see the result of your work so directly every day as with us.
Check out our website www.aap.eu and follow our stories on social media!
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.